KIDSPORTS Emerald Scholarship Fund
This scholarship was founded by KIDSPORTS to provide children of all ages in the Eugene/Springfield community under financial constraints the opportunity to enjoy the fun and healthy benefits of participating in team sports. Some of the unique benefits of participating in sports at a young age include:
- Providing children with an opportunity to learn about sports and improve their athletic skills through participation and competition
- Assisting in developing a lifestyle of health and fitness
- Providing children with a source of fun and good times, which will enrich their live
- Giving children a chance to grow socially by learning teamwork, sportsmanship, and fair play
- Developing leadership skills that will translate off the court
Stephen Dember Memorial Scholarship Fund
This scholarship was founded in 2005 in memory of Stephen Dember, a member of the Warsaw Sports Business Club who passed away while abroad. This scholarship is given to one outstanding sports business student every year.
About Stephen Dember:
To know Stephen was to know someone who lived his life with great enthusiasm and passion. He had an exuberant, positive, and uplifting spirit and was blessed with a high degree of intellect, great sense of humor, and a big heart. At the young age of 20, Stephen was very accomplished academically and socially.
As a student at the Lundquist College of Business Honors College, Stephen was a dual major in Business Administration and Economics, with an emphasis in Sports Business and Pre-Law. Stephen was consistently named to the Dean's List and was a Dean's Scholarship recipient. In addition, he was named to the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.
Stephen was very involved in "Duck Life" and would have been the 2005 Vice President of the Oregon Pit Crew. He volunteered for the 3 vs. 3 KIDSPORTS Basketball Tournament, prior to it becoming Warsaw Hoopfest.
Stephen was a very loving son, brother, and loyal friend who always had time to encourage and support others. He was incredibly passionate about his family, his friends, and his Ducks. Stephan was a young man that gave 100% to whatever he pursued.